Welcome to the Firefox Profilemaker!
This tool will help you to create a Firefox profile with the defaults you like.
You select which features you want to enable and disable and in the end
you get a download link for a zip-file with your profile template.
You can for example disable some functions, which send data to Mozilla and Google,
or disable several annoying Firefox functions like Mozilla Hello or the Pocket integration.
Each Setting has a short explanation and for the non obvious settings links to resources
describing the feature and the possible problems with it.
We do not need money, but we can use your help to improve the site.
You did not finish all questions. You still can download the profile, but there are more options available.
Download only prefs.js
Open prefs.js in the browser
Download only addons.zip
When you download only the addons.zip, you need to copy the
line into your prefs.js, else firefox won't install the addons.
- Optional: add a new profile to keep the old one
firefox -no-remote -ProfileManager
- Create a new profile
about:support into the url bar.
- Press the open profile folder button.
- Quit Firefox.
- Delete everything from the new profile (you will lose all existing data from the profile).
- unzip the
profile.zip file into the folder.
- Start Firefox again. If you made a new profile, you can use it with
firefox -no-remote -P profilename.
- Open the addon manager and update the extensions.